The bigger the Protests now the less we will need to do later on.
Location: U.S. Embassy Dublin 42 Elgin Road, Ballsbridge Dublin 4
STOP BOMBING SYRIA – PEACE MARCH
Saturday, 2PM, 19 November
Following the decision taken at our last protest at the Daíl, the Irish Anti-War Movement is organising a peace rally at the Russian and US Embassies.
Assemble and protest at 2PM, Saturday, 19th November at the Russian Embassy, followed by a march to the US Embassy and a final protest.
The Irish Anti-War demands an end to the bombing in Syria.
Syria’s has become the worst humanitarian crisis of our time. Since 2011 there are:
- Almost 500,000 dead
- 4,800,000 refugees
- 6,100,000 internally displaced
- 13,500,000 in need of humanitarian aid.
Physicians for Human Rights have said, “Bombing civilians is a war crime. Targeting hospitals is a war crime. Stripping medical supplies from aid convoys meant for civilians is a war crime...We cannot lose sight of the calculated commission of war crimes and crimes against humanity across Syria.”
The IAWM says: STOP THIS WAR NOW!
• We call for all parties to the war to agree to an immediate and permanent ceasefire.
• We demand a halt to the bombing and the opening of safe channels for humanitarian aid.
• We demand an end to all foreign intervention in Syria and an end to all arms sales to Syria.
• We call on the Irish government to end its silence and summon the US and Russian Ambassadors to demand they cease their military involvement in Syria.
• We demand that refugees receive sanctuary as needed in Europe and other countries.
The Irish Anti-War Movement will hold its Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Saturday 26th November 2016 in The Teachers Club Parnell Square Dublin starting at 13:00. For details of who can attend and submit resolutions at the AGM see below. A full agenda will be available soon.
Who can Attend and Vote at The AGM
- All members may attend the annual general meeting provided that the current membership fee has been paid in advance of the meeting. All affiliates may send one delegate to the annual general meeting provided that the current affiliation fee has been paid in advance of the meeting.
- All members and delegates have one vote each at annual general meeting.
- A decision of annual general meeting of the IAWM is binding on the steering committee (SC) and overrides any previous decisions. This constitution may only be amended by annual general meeting. However, amendments to this constitution may be made by the next quarterly delegate meeting held after the annual general meeting of 08 May 2004, which adopted this constitution.
- A steering committee shall be elected at each AGM.
- Draft resolutions and nominations for the steering committee should be submitted to the Secretary at least 14 days beforehand. The secretary shall publish draft resolutions at least 7 days beforehand.
- Please use the email Subject "AGM Motions 2016" for all mails concerning the AGM
Resolutions may be submitted in the following ways: