There will be a public meeting about why attacking ISIS will only make the situation worse.
Date: Thursday 16 October 7.30pm
JOHN PILGER SPEAKS IN DUBLIN TONIGHT
Two anti-war events in Dublin this week:
1. TONIGHT - award winning journailist and film maker John Pilger is being interviewed by Colm O Gorman at an Amnesty International event titled 'Decoding the News'. 7.30pm, Clyde Court Hotel, Dublin 4.
Tickets on door or pre-book here on 01 287 5524:
2. Wednesday night, 29 October - ‘Gaza: Eyewitness to Destruction and Resistance with Dr. Yaser Alashqar’
IPSC meeting, 7pm, Wynn's Hotel, Dublin 4.
Details here - http://www.ipsc.ie/
IAWM BULLETIN 04 OCTOBER 2014
In this bulletin:
1. BUS TO SHANNON NATIONAL PROTEST – Sunday 12 October
1. NATIONAL PROTEST – US MILITARY OUT OF SHANNON, Sunday 12 October, p.m. at Shannon Airport.
It is almost exactly twelve years since the invasion of Afghanistan and over eleven since the invasion of Iraq. These wars were based on lies and have brought nothing but misery to the populations of these countries and have made the world a more dangerous place. The Irish Government has allowed Shannon Airport to be used continuously by the US military and for planes involved in rendition flights.
Now western political warlords are escalating war yet again, this time using the atrocities of Isis in Iraq as an excuse. We reject this escalation of perpetual war and the continued use of Shannon Airport by the US Military.
There will be a national protest at Shannon Airport on Sunday, 12 October at p.m. This is organized by Shannonwatch and supported by PANA and the IAWM. We are calling on our members to try to attend this event.
2. CRISIS IN IRAQ – unpublished IAWM letter to three Irish broadsheets
3. IAWM WORLD WAR 1 PAMPHLET AND STATEMENT
EMERGENCY PROTEST - EXPEL THE ISRAELI AMBASSADOR!
Protest the Israeli Ambassor - tomorrow at Dáil Eireann, Kildare Street, 3.30pm.
The Israeli Ambassador is speaking at the Foreign Affairs Committee at
He should not go unopposed.
The Irish Anti-war Movement is calling an emergency protest tomorrow at
We say expel the Irish Ambassador as a protest against Israeli war crimes.
IAWM STATEMENT ON IRAQ CRISIS - 27 AUGUST 2014
• US bombing of Islamic State forces is no answer to sectarian violence
• No to further western military intervention in Iraq
• Hypocrisy of western powers in different responses to Iraq and Gaza
IAWM BULLETIN 22 AUGUST 2014
In this bulletin:
1. IPSC stall and leafleting for GAZA, Saturday 23rd August, GPO. 12-2pm.
1. IPSC stall and leafleting for GAZA, Saturday 23rd August, GPO. 12.00-2.00pm.
2. NO TO NATO PROTESTS, Newport, Wales. 30TH August – 05th Sept.
The Irish anti-War Movement is supporting this event in Wales and sending delegates. If any IAWM members would like to join us you are most welcome.
As NATO member countries stir up tension in the Ukraine and support the horrific Israeli military bombardment of Gaza the momentum for organised resistance to this year's NATO summit in Newport, Wales has grown.
The increasing sectarian violence in Iraq over the last few weeks has shown
All the leaders of the key Western powers will be in South Wales for the
Help us build the No to NATO protest.