A public call on the Irish Anti War Movement and all the rest of the Anti war organisations to co-ordinate major Anti war protests with this year's May Day marches

A Chara Irish Anti War Movement With May Day (May 1ST) just over 3 weeks away and with the annual May Day marches organised by the Trade Unions taking place on May Day I am publicly calling on the Irish Anti War Movement and all the rest of the Anti war organisations to co-ordinate major Anti war protests with the May Day marches because many of the issues that workers will be marching over on May Day are directly tied into the causes of the war against the people of Iraq and all wars and because us workers are the key to stopping this bloody slaughter in Iraq and all future wars that the US/UK imperialist colonist alliance will launch against many innocent civilians in many different countries so that's why I proposed a motion through my Union Branch that was passed unanimously calling on the Dublin Trades Council to make opposition to war the main theme of this year's (2003's) May Day march and not just in Dublin either! This also applies to the Irish Congress of Trade Unions nationally and to the various Trades Councils around the country! When I initially raised the idea of asking the Dublin Trades Council through my Union to make opposition to war this year's (2003's) Dublin Trades Council May Day march main theme I thought that perhaps bad and all as this war would be that it would be over by May Day, which as things stand probably will still turn out to be the case, but then of course who's next on Bush's/Blair's hit list?. I would like to know what other measures has anybody else taken to tie in major Anti war marches with this year's May Day rallies? Remember there's no business as usual while war is waged against civilian populations! Regarding this year's Dublin May Day protest I can confirm that this year's May Day march will again be held on May Day itself (i.e. May 1ST), starting at The Garden Of Remberance, Parnell Square at 7:00PM, which this year happens to fall on a Thursday, which should ensure a good turnout considering that Thursday night is late night shopping night in Dublin city centre.

Created By: Paul Kinsella