Response to WHY NOT BE ANTI- AMERICAN?

What the United States needs is infiltration not boycott. U.S. Citizens who do not actively seek out alternative media are presented with one view point - and that view point is controlled by an ever-shrinking media monopoly. Most Americans have no idea that what they see on television or read in the paper is censored, much the same way that reporting of the Troubles was once illegal in the U.K. I am now a U.S. Citizen, but I was born in London to parents from Belfast and Palestine. I am always disappointed that there is not more concern for and support of the people in the Occupied Territories among Americans of Irish descent - particularly those like me, with roots in the North. And though I actively seek out sources of Palestinian support in the Irish media - I very rarely find any. That is not to say that there isn't any - it just doesn't find its way to Chicago. I assume the same is true of the flow of information out of the U.S. To say that Americans support war because of some stupid poll paid for (overtly or covertly) by some political action group, or because there is no news of dissent coming out of the U.S. - doesn't mean it isn't happening. The innocent people in the U.S. are victims of their government just like the innocent people in Palestine, Iraq and other places under seige. I am less safe today than I was on September 10th 2001 - and not because of foreign terrorists. I am less safe because the reaction by our government has put me in danger.

Created By: Claire O'Connor