Letter to Utica OD

For the record, here is a copy of the letter I have emailed to the editor of the Utica OD:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yesterday I posted a link on my website to a letter published on your website, purportedly written by one Sgt. Edwin Gargas, a US soldier serving in north Iraq.
This item has now disappeared from your website, and I would be very interested to know your reasons for removing it.

As I am sure you are by now aware, the letter in question was *not* in fact written by Sgt. Gargas, but was a propaganda circular produced by the US government which was published in numerous publications across America - in each case attributed to a local soldier - designed to bolster public support for the Bush Administration's policies with regard to the occupation of Iraq.

This letter therefore constitutes important evidence of the duplicity of the Bush Administration, and the lengths to which it is prepared to go to deceive the American public. By removing it without explaining your reasons for doing so, you risk making yourself complicit in that deception. Surely your first duty is to expose deceptions of this kind - particularly when they originate with a president who recently stated, in relation to Iraq, that "the truth will prevail"?

Sincerely,

Zak Martin

Created By: Zak Martin