Response to American feelings towards the war

Shari I can sympathise regarding the neighbours. On the morning after the war began, I went to breakfast with a friend. She had spotted our "Not In Our Names sign and clearly wanted to justify the war ... something I found odd since we are both Catholic and the Pope, together with just about every bishop, had condemend any preemptive policy and, with all the other mainstream Christian denominations, had called on Bush & Blair to pursue a peaceful resolution. Anyway, within minutes, it became clear that she was no longer speaking rationally. This woman and I had been friends for years and I no longer the person sitting opposite me, with a livid, twisted face. It took about half an hour for her to call me an "alien" and my husband a traitor! By then, the entire restaurant was looking at me as if I had crawled out from under a stone, while the waitress had decided it best not to serve me. When I share this with my kids (grown, living in the UK) they think I'm being melodramatic. It is almost impossible to convey to those overseas just how effective this propaganda has been. Well then, let's sympathise with one another from time to time, because I believe we are entering the battle of the century ... for America's freedom, if not the world's, and we are going to need all the support we can get. And my apologies to the Irish contingent. I don't mean to commandeer this thread for an American pity-party. BC

Created By: BritCat USA