a load of BS

John I live in the states too and honestly I somewhat bought into the bs of Fox News and CNN last year basically echoing whatever the White House said about Iraq. Our media didnt give us a single reason why we shouldn't fight the war, why the "pansies" (laughable at this point) in France/ Germany didn't want this war; meanwhile we were breaking French wine bottles and eating our "freedom fries." Granted their governments position was a mix of interests and strong public opposition of the colonialist aspirations of our nation, we didn't hear a single opinion from them in our own news media about WHY they were opposed. Neither did we hear any contrary opinions from Iraqis for the most part, only Iraqis traumatized enough by the brutality of Saddamn to basically accept anything as better (which is somewhat understandable, they probably didnt see all this coming). This war is severely f*cked, the US doesnt give 2 shits about democracy. We supported Saddamn when he gassed and butchered his own people and Irani/Irani soldiers in the 80s. The US called for people to rebel after the Gulf War. 14 outve 17 provinces rebelled and they were put down, i think around 10million might have been killed i could be wrong. This is the same argument its always been: oil. The US supports the current Georgian government (despite the fact that the "democratic" president doesnt think its neccissary to have political dissedens in gov, not to mention if im getting this right his wife said he aspired to be like the "great" Georgian leaders, citing Stalin specifically) to control the oil lines from the Caspian Sea. The US is planning on building one of (if not the) biggest Middle Eastern base on Cyprus, which explains our suddent interest in "reunifying" the country. Comon people this is a complete scam. I understand 911 was a blow to American pride, the US hasnt ever really been attacked in its history on that kind of scale. 10,000 are dead in Iraq at this point, around 3,000 killed in the Occupied Territores of Palestine since 2000, and who knows how many in Afghanistan. The blood debt has been paid by basically everyone not involved in the attack. We need to stop w/ the bs "US RULES" mentality, while we are basically living in Rome, we shouldnt act like Romans.

And in response to Eyal; if your gonna try and be condescending atleast come out and just say it. Don't hint around politically correct subtleties that we (I myself am Palestinian) have an inferior culture. Most arabs (american, european, or living in the middle east) know more about politics, theology, and history than you would find in all of the United States. And this isnt because either civilization is inferior, or less intelligent. The US gov doent foster the emphasis on intellectualism and activism, in politics or otherwise. The oppressive/repressive governments in the arab world dont foster economic growth or a basis for scientific advancement. The Palestinian population has the highest PhD per capita of any in the world. But you have a society of doctors and engineers who are delivering mail and peddling because they dont have an opportunity to do any better. Israel has been keeping an entire people down since the beginning of Hertzl's grand plan for colonizing and disenheriting an entire people. And w/ Bush's all too compliant stance and war on terror, the US media and US foriegn policy legitimizes Israel's occupation and crimes against humanity as in the context of the "war on terror." Get over ureself Eyal, your people eat shawarma and hummos just like the rest of us, fought occupation (nazi) just like we would fight Israeli/American, and were an economic sh*thole in Europe when the French posted signs saying "No Jewish Need Apply" just like the first great zionists on board in Palestine put up signs saying "No Arab need Apply," to build their great Jewish only state. I wish a person like you lived in Ramallah, or East Jerusalem, or Qalandiyah for a day even, then we'd see who was still cocky about his great civilization that has evolved beyong its "primitive" violent tendencies.

Here are some great comments from the leader of your great and superior culture/society/nation:

One of the quotes by Sharon in an interview to a reporter Amos Oz [ probably jewish ] published in Dec. 17, 1982, issue of a paper called DAVAR also jewish I think:

" now dont be shocked: if they ( the diaspora jews who simply allowed themselves to be killed by the Nazis ) had killed 6 or even 1 million Arabs what would have happened ? Sure, 2 or 3 ugly pages would have been written for history books, we would have been given all kinds of bad names - but we could live here in a nation of 25 million.... even today i am prepared to accomplish this dirty work for Israel : to kill as many Arabs as neccessary, to deport them, to drive them out and to BURN THEM. What you dont seem to understand is that the dirty work of Zionism has not been finished by a long shot. The fact is it could have been brought to an end in 1948, but you have prevented it because of the Jewishness in your souls .... and you can write : I am a shame for humanity, it wont matter to me on the contrary."

"I don't know something called International Principles. I vow that I'll burn every Palestinian child (that) will be born in this area. The Palestinian woman and child are more dangerous than the man, because the Palestinian Childs existence infers that generations will go on, but the man causes limited danger. I vow that if I was just an Israeli civilian and I met a Palestinian I would burn him and I would make him suffer before killing him. With one hit I've killed 750 Palestinians (in Rafah in 1956). I wanted to encourage my soldiers by raping Arabic girls as the Palestinian women is a slave for Jews, and we do whatever we want to her and nobody tells us what we shall do but we tell others what they shall do."

[Ariel Sharon, current Prime Minister, In an interview with General Ouze Merham, 1956]

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of the Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, Nov. 15, 1998.

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
-- Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001, to Shimon Peres, as reported on Kol Yisrael radio.

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

The major forces in today's world (US/Israel) havent evolved beyond violence, they evolved beyond accountability and have managed to somehow develop this moral highground based on 911/Holocaust. But what both are realizing is that having a tragic circumstance doesnt give u the right to repeat that tragedy or similar (since the Holocaust is too big for this context) over and over. And remember Israeli/US and even western European lives are seen as people. For the past 200 or so years the majority of the world views African, Arab, eastern European, and Asian lives as statistics. You want to argue, explain to me why we have Western human shields in a war. Because they have immunity from descriminite killing (minus in Israel: Rachel Corrie, Tom Hurndall, and recently the directer of Death in Gaza, something Miller), and repercussions for their deaths. Seriously man, get over ureself

Created By: Ali Siam