Response to Democracy in UCD

Sounds dodgey allright. The irony of it is is that a lot of the Americans here are really into this Stop Bush thing.

When I was putting up a poster in Galway about a meeting against Bush an American tourist stopped to take  a picture of it to bring back home. He said he wished there was more of that sort of thing at home. On the street stalls in Galway groups of American tourists are coming up signing the Stop Bush petition and talking leaflets and pictures to bring back home. Overall there has never been anything quite like the reaction to this issue, both from tourists and people living here.

I spoke to someone in Wesport and they got the same sort of reaction there. A  coach load of american visitors came up to sign the petition and they took some posters with them to bring back home. One of the people who signed was a fireman who was at the World Trade Centre on 9/11.

I was in a Taxi today and the driver said that the impression he was getting from American visitors was that they were very anti-Bush. I know these are just random examples but I think they indicate something significant taking place in the US.

Created By: Orla Ni Chomhrai