The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Irish Anti-War Movement will take place on Sunday 26th April 2009 in Wynns Hotel Abbey St Dublin. All paid up members are entitled to attend the AGM.
First Session 10:30 - 13:15
Second Session Speakers 14:00 - 17:00
Registration can be done in the following ways:
- At 10:30am on Sunday 26th April
- By signing up to the AGM Event on the Irish Anti War Web site just follow this link http://www.irishantiwar.org/node/415
- Stg Matthis Chiroux - US Soldier Refuses to Return to Iraq.
- Azzam Tamimi - Director of Institute of Islamic Political Thought
- Anne Alexander - Author on the Middle East, SOAS
IAWM AGM 2009 - Motions
Please refer to the attached file below (PDF)
All resolutions should be submitted by Sunday 19th April. They can be submitted in the following ways:
- By E-mail send them to email@example.com with the subject "[AGM] Motions" You can also click on this link Resolutions to submit resolutions/motions.
- By Posting them to The Irish Anti-War Movement, P.O. Box 9260, Dublin 1
Rules for Submitting Resolutions/Motions
- All members may attend a general meeting provided that the current membership fee has been paid in advance of the meeting. All affiliates may send one delegate to a general meeting provided that the current affiliation fee has been paid in advance of the meeting.
- All members and delegates have one vote each at a general meeting.
- A decision of a general meeting of the IAWM is binding on the SC and overrides any previous decisions. This constitution may only be amended by a general meeting. However, amendments to this constitution may be made by the next quarterly delegate meeting held after the general meeting of 08 May 2004, which adopted this constitution.
- A steering committee shall be elected at each AGM.
- Draft resolutions and nominations for the steering committee should be submitted to the Secretary at least 7 days beforehand. The secretary shall publish draft resolutions at least 5 days beforehand.
Previous Motions & Constitution